Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SubTask Due Dates In Jira Service Management

Chris Riddle October 13, 2021

Hi,

I have this sweet process creating a bunch of subtasks, assigning them to folks and adding due dates. The problem is, in my subtask window of the issue, I cannot figure out how to get the due date to display. I've done some looking around and all i'm seeing is documentation on old versions of the software - please advise

2 answers

2 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2021

Hi @Chris Riddle ,

There's a couple of things to ensure:

• In project settings, look for screens and locate the screen(s) associated with sub-tasks. Make sure that the due date custom field is present on those screens.
  • In the same project settings, check the issue layout and make sure due date is visible there as well.
  • Finally, also in project settings, check the permissions settings and have a look at what roles/groups in your project have the Schedule Issues permission. In addition, verify if the user(s) that you want to see are in the appropriate roles in your project.

Hope this helps!

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2021

@Chris Riddle -

NOTE - Walter's  last bullet point only applies for anyone who needs the ability to populate/edit the DUE DATE field.  Once the field is populated, users without the "Schedule Issue Permission" will be able to see the field associated with the issue.

Beste, Joseph

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2021

@Chris Riddle -

For the field display, you will need to ensure that "Due Date" field is added to your JSM project's Screen Scheme Configuration's View Issue screen.   So when you access the issue in the project UI, you will see the field.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events