Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub tasks do not show up with "Affected services" field

Brijesh Pathak July 25, 2021

Team,

Subtask screen "IT Service Desk Task Screen" is not getting "Affected Services" filed.

I have try updateing the screen under "Configure screen" option and have aded "Affected services" filed their, but still it's not reflecting on the substasks.

Regards
Brijesh

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2021

Hi @Brijesh Pathak

one additional idea for diagnosis would be to open an existing issue (sub-task) in the project you are working on.

Then go to (...) on the right >> "Find your field"

It should look like this:

grafik.png

The screen appearing then should give a clue why the field is missing for you.

grafik.png

Please see an example from my instance above.

Cheers,
Daniel

Brijesh Pathak August 8, 2021

Thanks Daniel.. this was added using the same steps earlier but after adding I was not checking under "more fileds" section.. that's where it was :-)

Regards

Brijesh

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2021

@Brijesh Pathak -

Have you check the field configuration to ensure the field is exposed to Sub-task issue type?  You can access the field configuration via "Jira Administrations" > Issues > Custom fields.  I am assuming the field in question is a custom field.

Another area to check is that if a field is not populated, then it will not show-up in the Issue View screen.  This is a Jira default behavior.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Brijesh Pathak July 25, 2021

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your reply,

I have verified that "Sub-Task" issue type is associated with "IT Service Desk Task Screen Scheme" screen and when I go to "field configuration" found that field "Affected services"  has sceen ""IT Service Desk Task Screen Scheme" associated.

2021-07-26 15_24_20-View Field Configuration - JIRA.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2021

Just because the field is associated to the screen, the field itself still needs to be available for the issue type in field configuration setup.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events