Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling with Automation

Stephanie Kohne September 17, 2019

Good day, 

I am struggling to configure this automation where a ticket's group is assigned to "DBA support" it needs to trigger a notification to the support manager for him to assign it to the next available agent:

Capture.PNG

But it is not executing: 

Capture1.PNG

Where am I going wrong?

1 answer

0 votes
Rakesh Kumar September 17, 2019

Hi Stephanie,

Click on show details of any non-executed and can check why it failed. Is Group a custom field?

Regards,

Rakesh

Stephanie Kohne September 17, 2019

Hi Rakesh

Capture2.PNG

Yes, "Group" is a custom field 

Rakesh Kumar September 18, 2019

What type of custom field group is ? is it select list or simple text field ? To verify the condition, you can also run the provided JQL in issue search and check if this issue satisfy the condition.

Regards,

Rakesh

Stephanie Kohne September 18, 2019

Hi Rakesh, the customer field for Group is a drop-down.

I have changed the the JQL to assignee is EMPTY:

Capture3.PNG

Will this work?

Like Rakesh Kumar likes this

In the screen shot provided, you can see that issue has been landed in the automation queue at the event of issue creation but it didn't match the criterion mentioned in jql. This could be because either Group value was not "DBA support" or Assignee may not be empty.

Try to create any issue manually and make sure you fulfilled these two criterion at the time of ISSUE CREATION event only and then check if it executed or not. Please note that this will still be not executed if mentioned fields has been changed later to match the criteria.

Regards,

Rakesh

A customer does not have the option to choose a group criteria when creating a new issue - would this first step of the automation be the issue at hand?

As issues come in, we need to filter them towards the different departments (Groups) for the team managers to assign these to available agents. Is there another way to accomplish this transition? 

Below are the only triggers i can see in WHEN. Do you also change the status of issues when routing towards different Groups? if yes, what status it is?

When.png

Regards,

Rakesh

The status of the issue changes to "Accepted" when an agent/user assigns the request to themselves. 

Hi Stephanie,

Basically you need to identify any event from the list provided in my screen shot when you are changing the Group value to "DBA support". Then only you will be able to trigger the WHEN condition.

Do you perform any other action related to the list above while changing Group value to "DBA support"?

Regards,

Rakesh

Hi Rakesh, none of the events provided will cater for changing the group value?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events