Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped Receiving Email Notification

Roudy Merhej July 30, 2022

Hi Team ,

I stopped receiving notification by Email on 22/07.

Can you please check if my email is blocked on your system and do the needful please to unblock it ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Roudy

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 30, 2022

Hi Roudy,

I found there was a bounced message to your email address of

554 5.7.1 [internal] recipient address was suppressed due to customer policy

I have removed the suppression from Atlassian's side, you should now be able to receive new notifications now.

Roudy Merhej August 1, 2022

Hi @Andy Heinzer ,

Thank you for your help and actions.

I confirm it's resolved now and I'm receiving again the notifications by email.

Have a good day.

Best Regards,

Roudy Merhej

Like Andy Heinzer likes this
Ronak Patel September 6, 2022

Hi @Andy Heinzer , I am also facing similar issue with my account. Till 26th Aug I was receiving all kind of emails from Jira and after that not received a single email from Jira. Can you please help.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2022

Hi, I found there was an error of

554 5.7.1 [internal] recipient address was suppressed due to customer policy

I have removed this suppression from our side.  You be able to receive notifications again now.

Andy

Like Ronak Patel likes this
Ronak Patel September 8, 2022

Thanks a lot @Andy Heinzer , confirming that I have started receiving all jira emails now.

Mush appreciated,

Ronak 

Chady Maalouf September 20, 2022

Hi,

I think I have a similar issue (2 issues actually) with our agent user:

1. The last email notification he received (when an incident is created) was in mid August. After that date, new incidents were created by customers but the agent never received the email notification (nothing in Spam folder)
  2. The same agent is able to successfully change an incident status, but the comments he adds in the incident are not displayed to the customer

Thanks,

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
September 20, 2022

@Chady Maalouf 

If you can share with me the email address of that user, I can lookup to see if they are currently being suppressed from receiving notifications.  I found no such suppressions on your account, nor for any users on your domain currently. 

Chady Maalouf September 20, 2022

@Andy Heinzer it's basitbada20@gmail.com.

Thanks

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
September 21, 2022

@Chady Maalouf in reviewing that address, I can see in the past 3 days there have been 5 messages sent and all 5 show as having been accepted.  There are no records of a bounced message from the SMTP server. 

I would recommend checking the spam filter of that account.  If that doesn't resolve this, then I would recommend reaching out to your email administrator for additional help.  I can see that there are messages being sent to that account.

Chady Maalouf September 21, 2022

@Andy Heinzer What about the comments not showing in the incident record?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
September 22, 2022

The supressions we manage in this manner are only effecting email sent from Atlassian Cloud services to a mailbox.  For comments not appearing in the incident record, I'm not sure what you are referring to.  Is this for a feature within Jira Service Management?  It appears you are on a free plan, I recommend creating a new post in Community to address that problem.

Chady Maalouf September 23, 2022

Ok thanks Andy

Ronak Patel September 28, 2022

Hi Andy, 

Could you please help me getting email for one of my colleague. Her email is sdayama@gomercatus.com. Assuming she may be having same suppression issue as mine.

FYI : We got her email changed from sdayma@gomercatus.com to sdayama@gomercatus.com. Now she is trying change her email in Jira but not receiving the verification email in new email.

Much Appreciated,

Ronak 

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
September 28, 2022

Hi @Ronak Patel 

Sorry to hear about this problem.  There is an on going incident in which some of our outbound IP addresses were added to a blocklist.  In turn I found this response message from your mail server when we tried to send to that address:

550 spamcop.mimecast.org Blocked - see https://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?192.174.81.112. - https://community.mimecast.com/docs/DOC-1369#550 [Zt4sipJmNg2045IGY6E2Tg.us256]

We have already had this address removed from spamcop's listings.  However your email administrator appears to be using a cached IP list in mimecast in order to continue blocking messages from our service.

You can try again to see if this is working now, but if not, then I'd recommend reaching out to your email admin. We have a list of our outbound email IP ranges that they could then add to an allowlist or whitelist for mimecast.  That is one way your organization could help prevent this kind of problem.

Randy Michel February 7, 2024

Hello Andy,

How are you? It seems my company is suffering from the same issue. Can you please check for any blocks against the Curinos.com domain please. 

This would be greatly appreciated as we are using Jira to respond to our clients. 

Regards,

Randy

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
February 8, 2024

Hi @Randy Michel I can see you have a support case for this over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/48/PCS-252239

I recommend following up there. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events