Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Status Change When Reporter Replies to Ticket

DeWayne Robey November 22, 2022

How can we stop Status changes made when a Reporter responds to a ticket with a "Thanks" or "Ok."

Tickets that I know I've been working on and are set to a particular status are changed to "Waiting for Support" when a Reporter responds, which makes it look as though there are tickets in my queue that have not been addressed.

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2022

Hi @DeWayne Robey, welcome to the community!

Please have a look at the automation rules in the project settings of your service project. There's, for example, this one:

Xnip2022-11-22_16-12-27.png

But maybe you still want to ensure users can reopen their issues.

Best, Max

Sounds like two different things. In my opinion:

1. A response to an open ticket that has been set to In Progress should not be changed to Waiting for Support simply because a Reporter responds to a ticket with a "Thanks."
  2. When a ticket is closed there should be a grace period where the Reporter can respond and request further assistance. After that grace period, the ticket should be inaccessible and prompt the Reporter to create a new ticket.

Too often I've seen closed tickets that are weeks old being responded to when a new ticket should be opened, for historical purposes. More often than that, the new response does not have anything to do with the original ticket. 

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2022

Hey @DeWayne Robey , you're right. I just wanted to give you an example of the default automation rules in service projects. There's also one called "When a comment is added → update the status," and I'm sure that's a rule you also want to adjust then. But I don't know what has been configured in your project. So you will have to navigate to the project settings and have a look for yourself. :) 

Best, Max

Thanks, Max. Great input! I'm new to my current employer and I'm new to Jira. Now, I'm told that only a Jira contractor has access to the settings. 

At least now I know that modifications, like the ones I'm interested in, can possibly be done.

I appreciate your help.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2022

Maybe you can at least get access as a project administrator for the service project. You don't have to be able to administer the whole Jira or the cloud site directly. In the meantime, you can still deal with the automation rules. The documentation allows you to modify rules and get to know the technical possibilities.

Best, Max

P.S. If your initial question is answered, please consider accepting my answer so it's marked as resolved to the community. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events