Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Jira from automatically assigning customers to organizations

David Busk May 1, 2023

Hello Atlassian community.

we do not wish for everyone from the same @domain to be grouped into the same organization in jira. At the moment we remove a customer from an organization group, but as soon as this customer creates a service request the customer is added to the organization group again because the @domain of the customer is the same as the organization group. 

To avoid this I am wondering if there is a way to stop Jira from automatically assigning customers to organizations when they send in a servicerequest to our helpdesk?

Of course we could create lots of new organizations that are different from the customers @domain and then we would have to update the organization field on all requests to the new ones, but this would obviously not be a great solution, so thats why im hoping there is a smarter way?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Busk May 12, 2023

We've found the root cause of the issue for anyone interested.

The issue was actually caused by an automation rule in Jira. After disabling this rule, Jira no longer automatically assigns costumers to an organization. 

So if you are experienced a similar issue, i would recommend thoroughly looking through your automation rules, to see if any of these could be the cause.

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2023

Hi @David Busk and welcome to the community,

I do not know of such a functionality (to prevent Jira from adding a customer to their organization). However, what you could do as a workaround, is to create a post function to clear the Organization field after the ticket creation.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events