Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status change when Replying to Customer (not work on Internal note)

Faizan Iftikhar July 28, 2021

Dear Members,

Stay Safe!!

When comment is added to Reply to customer (not as an internal note) then status will change otherwise if comment added as internal note, status will remain as it is.

Techies, what condition needs to apply here to achieve task.

Thanks in Advance!!

Screenshot 2021-07-28 131205.png

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2021

Hello @Faizan Iftikhar 

This is a very interesting and relevant use case. This can be achieved using Automation which is triggered any time a comment is posted.

Please refer the screen shot below for the details of the automation. The issue can be transitioned to a status as per your specific requirements.

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further questions.

Customer Reply Transition.JPG

In vice versa, what will be the condition if customer reply back and status auto change to Pending or etc. 

Please comment @Gaurav 

1 vote

Thank you @Gaurav  for your help !! It works

Where i can find JQL condition i.e. {{comment.internal}} please let me know 

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2021

Hello @Faizan Iftikhar 

{{comment.internal}} is smart value. Please refer the attached screen shot reflecting the usage in JQL.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any further questions.

Smart Value Condition.JPG

Faizan Iftikhar July 29, 2021

Hi @Gaurav

Inconvenience regretted so bother again

Rule is getting error and in same condition sometime is passed, PFB  error snap. Please guide

Thanks in Advance !!

3.png 

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 29, 2021

Hello @Faizan Iftikhar 

From the error message, it looks that the status 'Waiting for Customer' is either not applicable to the issue EFCS-208 or there is not transition to it from the current status.

Kindly check the workflow which is applicable.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any further questions.

0 votes

In vice versa, what will be the condition if customer reply back and status auto change to Pending or etc.

Thanks in Advance!!

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2021

Hello @Faizan Iftikhar 

As we are checking if the comment is internal or not, the system would treat all comments from customer as failing the condition and move the ticket to Pending status.

Also, the link to Atlassian documentation related to smart values is here.

0 votes

Hi @Gaurav  it works, i have add condition. Since i am new in JIRA, need to know where i can find smart values to be used in JIRA for other automation.

Please Guide

Karen Dyer February 9, 2022

This might be late for Faizan, but if anyone else is looking for smart values, here's a place to start: 

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/ 

Like Faizan Iftikhar likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events