Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Synch Asset Object <-> Jira Issue

Nicole Brückner April 18, 2024

Dear community, 

I face the following challenge: We have a "Deal" issuetype for the sales department. As soon as a deal issue was created, a "Deal" Object in Asset is created and the link to organisations work well. (Via Asset Post Function on Create Transition)

We just want to achieve, that the status of the ticket is also displayed in the object for further work on objects in other context. Expected result (Please ignore the select list, this was just a test): 

Screenshot from Deal.png

I think there could be two possibilities:

1. All transitions with an Asset Post Function
  2. Automation

As I don't know, how to achieve this via Automation, I started to test it via option 1 (even if this is so much more work...). I selected "Set value to object" filled it out accordingly.

Now I have the problem, that on some transitions that work totally fine and on others it doesn't change the status. 

• For option 1: Is there a possibility fo fill the "change value" entry with the ID of the status? Asset_Post Function set value to object.pngAsset_Status IDs available.png
  • For option 2: Any ideas how to do?
    • I found the automation "Update Asset Object"

2024-04-24 08_56_40-Automation - Nexus AG - Jira und 19 weitere Seiten - Geschäftlich – Microsoft​ E.png

But this produces the following error: 

Update an Asset object

Unexpected error executing rule:
      Could not parse input as JSON. Input after smart values applied was: '{ "objectKey": , "Status": {"Won"} } '
      Anyone who can help? :)

Thanks in advance. 

Nicole 

1 answer

0 votes
Nicole Brückner April 23, 2024

... wanted to delete my comment, but this is not availble. please ignore

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events