Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific unassigned queue needed with very close, but slightly different criteria

Alyssa Hill May 28, 2024

I need to create 2 unique 'unassigned' queues. 

1 that captures all unassigned tickets and a 2nd, that captures all unassigned tickets that meet a summary or description criteria. 

For example: 

Any ticket that has a summary or description that includes 'VCTSI' within any string of text, needs to be assigned to the 'FDA unassigned' queue.

ex) Screen Shot 2024-05-28 at 3.05.41 PM.png

If a ticket does not have 'VTCTSI' that it should go to standard  unassigned

I'm running into an issue here where if I include !~ "VCTSI" in the standard unassigned queue then none of the regular tickets appear here and get lost.

Is it possible to differentiate with such close criteria between the two?

Many 'standard' unassigned cases will include "CTSI" in the description or summary and JQL doesn't seem to be able to differentiate. 

ex) Standard unassigned ticket 

Screen Shot 2024-05-28 at 3.31.04 PM.png

Any ideas? 

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Duc Thang TRAN
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2024

Hello @Alyssa Hill 

I think I understand the problem. If you looking searching with an exact match because "CTSI" is included in the string "VCTSI".

Try with this one : 

summary ~"\"VTCTSI\"" and assignee is empty for FDA unassigned 

and  summary !~"\"VTCTSI\"" and assignee is empty  for normal unassigned 

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2024

Hi @Alyssa Hill ,

The filtering should work with ~! for summary or description. Would double check the entire filter. 

Filter should be something along the lines of assignee = unassigned and summary !~ VCTSI

Alyssa Hill May 28, 2024

HI Benjamin, 

Unfortunately it does not work. When 'standard unassigned' has the logic you mention AND 'fda unassigned' has the inverse logic, all tickets now land in the FDA queue.

It is pulling in tickets that contain 'CTSI' in addition to 'VCTSI'. I need them to be distinct, but am not having luck. 

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2024

Strange. Just tried to run the text search with the summary and the JQL seems to pull the right tickets.

Hopefully, @Duc Thang TRAN suggestion helps resolve the issue you are facing. 

Alyssa Hill May 29, 2024

@Benjamin @Duc Thang TRAN sorry I must be missing something. 

Here is a unassigned ticket, this one uses description and is not recognized: 

ticket: currently sitting in unassigned, what i add the is not logic, the ticket still sits here: 

Screen Shot 2024-05-29 at 9.52.51 AM.png

FDA, unassigned queue empty:

Here's what i've tried: 

• resolution = Unresolved AND assignee = EMPTY AND description ~ VCTSI
  • resolution = Unresolved AND assignee = EMPTY AND description ~"\"VTCTSI\""

The expected ticket does not pull in:

Screen Shot 2024-05-29 at 9.52.03 AM.png

Duc Thang TRAN
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2024

Hello @Alyssa Hill 

For me : 

queue Unassigned : description !~"\"VTCTSI\""

JQL are looking for an not  exact match for VTCTSI, but on this screen, it means VTCSI, so JQL is working as expected.

For the FDA queue, you don't see any tickets. Can you show me a ticket that has a description with an exact match so I can understand what might be wrong?

best 

Duc Thang TRAN
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2024

@Alyssa Hill  Oh i see, it me typing a wrong word "VTCTSI", try with this one :

FDA queue 

description ~"\"VCTSI\""

Alyssa Hill May 29, 2024

@Duc Thang TRAN I tried manually typing it in earlier to correct the typo but it still doesn't work.

Yes, example re-Attached below: 

queue setup: Screen Shot 2024-05-29 at 2.56.48 PM.png

Ticket that is only landing in standard unassigned, and should land in the above, but is not recognized

Duc Thang TRAN
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2024

@Alyssa Hill 

I can suggest you this jql for FDA queue :
let me know if this resolved your need :

description ~ "VCTSI*"

Alyssa Hill June 5, 2024

HI @Duc Thang TRAN that does work to pull into the FDA queue, but the same problem persists in the fact that the inverse of that logic does not exclude it from the standard unassigned queue. 

Duc Thang TRAN
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2024

Hello @Alyssa Hill 

First, I suggested you to blur the name of Reporter in your screenshot. We are on the internet, you never know.
For me, the error not comes from the syntax but the operator "OR"
So your ticket RC-22886 probably does not have a description that contains "VCTSI"
I am sure that if you remove the summary ~! VCTSI part, this ticket will no longer appear in your feed.
So, I suggest you to refine the query.

Like Alyssa Hill likes this
Alyssa Hill June 6, 2024

Thank you for the reminder!

I see, ok, I will modify our processes to ensure only one or the other always has the VCTSI condition to meet our needs.

I can confirm the queues work as desired, as long as there is not OR logic included. Thank you for your patience and help here!! @Duc Thang TRAN 

Duc Thang TRAN
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2024

Hello @Alyssa Hill 

I'm happy that your problem is resolved

and if it helped you, you can mark my answer as accepted. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events