Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution to assign tickets to members in a different project

Deleted user January 24, 2022

Currently, the company I work for however a master JIRA site, which contains x2 projects...

* IT Support

* Development

For business reasons, the x2 projects have to remain separate with separate support staff for each

We have a software product which is shortly about to move from development to BAU.

However, we anticipate that tickets will be raised in the IT Support project which the development project will need to work on.

I realise there are options to move, clone and create sub-tasks, however keeping everything linked and the original customer / ticket updated without too much manual intervention is awkward and requires a lot of manual updates

We've looked into automatically moving and linking cloned master tickets to the dev project, however the issue we are trying to resolve / automate is that of customer notifications...

To give an example

1) Customer logs a support ticket to IT Support Project

2) IT Support staff need to engage development project team to work on issues reported by customer and therefore need to notify the dev project somehow by means of either a clone, move or subtask.

Any suggestions / solutions / apps etc which could assist would be greatly appreciated

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Julien Peyrade _ Elements
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 26, 2022

Hello @[deleted] 

If you do not mind using a paid add-on, I can suggest the app "Elements Copy & Sync", which was designed to resolve your exact use case.

I'm the Product Manager of the app, so I would be happy to answer any question you might have.

Basically, the app would let you copy your support ticket into any development project (either manually or automatically with a post-function). It lets you decide which fields you want to copy from the ticket to the other project, and if you want to copy attachments or comments.

What may be of interest to you is our synchronisation capabilities : if a modification is made in the "cloned" ticket, you can have your "original" ticket automatically updated if you need to.

Comments can also be automatically synchronised between the two tickets if you need developers to be able to directly communicate with customers (this is optional, of course).

Finally, you can also synchronise the status of your tickets, no matter which workflow they use. So, if you close your clone, it can automatically close the original ticket, or any behavior you might need.

This app is entirely free for at least a month trial (and remains free for instances with 10 users or less), so trying it out may help you see if it fits your needs.

Of course, don't hesitate to ask me if you need more information.

Kind regards,

Julien

Deleted user February 3, 2022

Trialing this now!  Looks like the solution we need! thank you :-)

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

Hi @[deleted] ,

i'm trying to follow your post here but I may have it wrong so please excuse me if that's the case. It seems like the right solution is to use create linked issue between your JSM & JSW projects. Are you saying that that process is not working for you and that it is too complex or something else?

Deleted user January 24, 2022

Kind of my good Man...

So to put it slightly differently, we are looking for a process where we can have x1 master ticket in the IT support project, which can be worked on via a team in a separate JIRA project with different workflows, and the master ticket status can be updated automatically regardless of which of the different project teams is investigating the issue.

So for example if the master ticket, however it may be linked to a copy within the dev project... is worked upon by the dev team, and  any replies to customer by the dev team in their copied / cloned ticket will be viewable by the original customer in the master ticket...

Perhaps some combo of project automation conditions could be used to string together some kind of update from the cloned ticket which automatically updates the master ticket

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events