Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution for customer comments response and updates

Narek Zohrabyan April 21, 2023

Hello,

We are looking for a solution for our Help Desk team.

To keep support quality, we need a solution for the Service agents to respond to the tickets immediately when customers comment on the tickets.

The main problem is that in the Queues section, we can't visually notice the tickets that were commented on by customers. We want to have some visual or other solution to see those comments because they could be at the bottom of the queues be not noticeable for Agents.

Are there any best practices or 3-rd party apps to resolve our problem?

Thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Frederic Wolf April 21, 2023

Hi @Narek Zohrabyan ,

i don't think you need a third party product for this.

As far as I understood, you want that your agents have a "marker" (Status, Customfield, ...) that immediatly shows them, that a customer responded /commented the request.

For this purpose you can use the "almighty" Automations perfectly.

I think there are many ways to solve this.

Following 1 idea how you can solve it:

1. Create a custom field,
    • Type: Date
    • Name: Last Customer Comment
  2. Add this field to your Project
  3. Create a Automation in your JSM Project
    1. Trigger: Comment on Issue
    2. IF: Only if it is a customer
    3. Set: FIELD: Last Customer Comment with current Date
    4. (Optional): Add Comment to the Ticket: "Thanks for your response. It is our aim to contact you within 2 hours after your feedback. In urgent cases, please contact our hotline at: LINK[tel:+1234567890]"
      • Just an idea.
  4. Change Your queues or Board Filters, or what ever your agents use!
    1. Add the customfield: "Last Customer Comment"
    2. Add the First ORDER BY for "Last Customer Comment"
      • I think the ORDER sequence should be "Last Customer comment", "Created".

I think your question is also a very good idea for us and I am thinking of implementing it in our project.

Let's discuss about the solution. Here are a few more questions that I think would be relevant:

What does your workflow look like? Do you use the standard JSM workflows?
Which ticket types do you use? Service request, SR with approve, Change, INcident, Problem, ...?
How do your agents work with the tickets? Queues, Boards, Dashboards with filters on it?

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

Hi @Narek Zohrabyan 

You can take a look at these two apps:

In addition what you can do out of the box is:

• Create a jira automation with which you populate a field (any type) with a value, IFF the customer comments on the issue and clear the field if the agent (public) comments
  • Then sort your queue based on that field as well.

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ ,

also a good idea. I think the apps are perfectly if the agents have to work in multiple  JSM projects. In the moment we solve this with filters and boards. Not perfect but it works. If our JSM projects grow, i think thats a very good idea.

A true/false value is perfect vor a dedicated queue...or you can combine it with last update to get a request order.

HÄÄÄÄ... I am confused. I have posted a comment but it is gone???

Is there a issue, with the community, do first comments collide or sth?

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2023

Let me check the spam quarantine section.

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2023

Restored it @Frederic Wolf 

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2023

@Frederic Wolf to reply to your comment:

Having a true/false is not the ideal solution but it would work as I suggested as well. The apps will have many more functionalities than a simple workaround. E.g. they might have the possibility to show the comment, or to colorize the row, which is an indicator as @Narek Zohrabyan wanted. And this indicator can't be achieved by simply using a jira automation rule. So I would suggest him to see both solution and choose the one that simply fits his needs best

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ , 

thank you for the additonal information about the apps.
The function to colorize a row or show the comment is very useful.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events