Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartfield for reporter email showing as "?"

Raul Castan Gabarre September 1, 2022

I have set up an open portal with an automated rule to look for and link other issues from the same user/reporter with an JQL query. Sometimes the smartfield "{{reporter.emailAddress}}" comes in as ?, which causes an JQL error since it's a reserved character.

The query is set in an automation triggered when the issue is created, if I duplicate the rule with a manual trigger, it always works, even for issues where it has failed on the initial trigger.

I've just seen that it only seems to fail for the first issue a user sends, but it's not consistent, as some users get through, the smartfield correctly replaces with the email Address and the Query executes succesfully. 

The reporter email is a mandatory field, and always shows correctly on the issue view, so I don't know why sometimes it fails to load on the automation rule.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2022

Hi @Raul Castan Gabarre and welcome to the community!

Perhaps try adding a re-fetch action just before you start processing the reporter field.  There could be times where the automation rule has triggered before everything is solidified with the issue, so maybe having that re-fetch gives it time to make sure the reporter has been fully captured.

Raul Castan Gabarre September 1, 2022

Thank you Mark!

I didn't know this action existed, I'll add it and we'll see how it goes.

I'll try to update in a few weeks and accept the answer if solves the issue.

Thanks again!

Like Mark Segall likes this
Raul Castan Gabarre October 5, 2022

I haven't had this issue again, I think it's safe to assume the re-fetch solution worked.

Like Mark Segall likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events