Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart values in body of automation email

Rob May 9, 2022

Hello Team

I am creating a form that department heads will fill out requesting that remote users to come to the home office...this will allow HR to track when the remote users can request expenses. I have created a customer field call "remote worker" which will allow the department to select multiple remote workers (drop down box of our users in Jira). I am also using the "due date" as beginning travel date (renamed in request) and "date of expiration" (renamed in request) as date traveling back home. As part of this request I need to send an email to remote works with these dates include in the body.  I have created the automation below but not sure if this will work (especially the email address of "remote worker" and "reporter" in the email. Please let me if I am going down the right path...thank you in advance.Web capture_9-5-2022_14331_rulex.atlassian.net.jpeg 

1 answer

1 vote
Vishal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2022

Hi @Rob

Correct me if I am wrong, your "remote worker" field is User Picker (multi select) & that is your concern, it works with User Picker (Single Select) field very well for sure, multi select has to be tested.

As for writing smart values for custom field, you need to use {{issue.customfield_xxxxx}}, replace xxxxx with your custom field ID's & that should work.

When it comes to From/Reply To, it depends on the configuration on your mail server, whatever is configuration at mail server side that takes precedence, irrespective of what you configure in the automation rule.

Thanks!

Rob May 10, 2022

Hello Vishal...Just testing "remote user" and I can confirm it does work with a multiple users selected. Thank you for the customer field feedback that that helped. the only remaining issue is the reporter section in the email (in bold below) I put in {{issue.reporter}} and it returned value in bold below...any suggestions?

You are required to visit the home office, beginning travel on 2022-05-29 and departing travel on 2022-06-05. Please contact 5b5ef236106ec32d95ea35b4 with any questions or concerns.

Thank you
5b5ef236106ec32d95ea35b4

Rob May 10, 2022

Hello Vishal...please disregard as I was able to look up the solution: {{issue.reporter.displayName}} Thank you for your help

Like Vishal likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events