Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Values when exporting to excel.

Genevievé Bezuidenhout August 29, 2024

Hi there.  I am trying to convert the "Original Estimate" and "Time spent" fields from seconds to hours.  When exporting to Excel it exports as seconds and I don't want to manually do a calculation formula every time I refresh the filter.  I came across the following (below), but no idea where, or how, to implement this.  Can someone please provide step by step help as I can't seem to find a guide, just that I need to implement a rule.

{{issue.timetracking.timeSpentSeconds.divide(3600).round}}

Another one I want to explore is the one below:

We spent {{issue.timetracking.timeSpentSeconds.divide(3600).divide(issue.Request participants.size)}} hours per person on this ticket.

Thank you in advance. Your help is much appreciated.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruna Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 2, 2024

Hello @Genevievé Bezuidenhout,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Smart values allow us to access issue data within Automation rules. Although we can use a combination of automation rules with smart values and custom fields to display information in Filters and dashboards, it's important to note that smart values themselves can't be used directly in these functionalities (filters and dashboards).

In addition, currently, estimates are exported in seconds. However, we understand that the ability to change this behavior would be very helpful, so we have an open feature request for this matter, as you can see below:

Please, feel free to click on "Vote for this issue" and add yourself as a watcher to be kept informed about the state of the feature moving forward.

Genevievé Bezuidenhout September 2, 2024

Hi @Bruna Silva 

Thank you for the feedback.

Like Bruna Silva likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2024

Hi @Genevievé Bezuidenhout , I do not believe that this is possible as the number is actually stored as seconds. The only solution that I am aware of is to convert using Excel or similar. You might consider creating a standard template in excel and have the formulas off to the side in another column.

Genevievé Bezuidenhout August 29, 2024

Hi @Jack Brickey .  Thank you for your feedback, that is how I have been doing it, but really wanted to get away from that option :-)  Maybe a feature they should be looking at, who wants time in seconds? :-) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events