Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Values access of User properties (location, department)

Constantin Lotz June 2, 2023

Hi there,

i want to access in automation the user attributes which the user can set by hand in the user profile like location and title.

But it seems we cannot use them wih {{issue.assignee.location}} or {{assignee.location}} or {{issue.assignee.properties.location}}.

Is there another way to use them?

Kind regards,

Constantin

2 answers

0 votes
JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2023

Hello @Constantin Lotz 

I think it's impossible to display these informations on issues. You can display the time zone but not the organization or the location.

you can refer to this page if you want (I think you already read it) :

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-users/

Regards,

JM

mh that seems bad :-(

do you know if it is possible to make a user condition to a "jira team" (not the groups) - the users can create their teams themself and mention them with @

That could be a workaround, so i create a team where users add or remove themself. But it seems i can only use "administrative" jira groups and not the user created teams. is that right?

JM Perrot
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2023

Yeah I think you can use Team in Jira to try to workaround. For example you can notify a team in a comment or in the description or in a text field :

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 17.08.18.png

But you can't use it in group or user picker...

Constantin Lotz June 4, 2023

But I guess I cannot check for beeing in a team with a smart value :-(

0 votes

2023-06-02 11_04_34-Constantin Lotz - Profile - Jira.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin