Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Value

Nash October 28, 2022

Within my automation rule, I have a field called activity date. The date is populated when it's assigned.

The next rule I need -

Trigger

Schedule 

ConditionAdvanced compare condition

First value - Calculate the business day when the ticket was assigned minus weekends or public holiday

Condition

Greater then

Second value - {{Issue,activity Date plus 7 days}}} 

The purpose is that if the request hasn't moved to the next status after 7 days an email is then to the Line Manager. Remembering not to include Sat and Sun

3 answers

0 votes
Kateryna_v_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 12, 2023

Hi @Nash 

I didn't fully understand what “Advanced compare condition” you meant, but I found a possible solution. If you are okay with using third-party add-ons, here is an option that should work.

Using SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on, create a Work Schedule with the necessary working hours, breaks, weekends, and holidays.

1-SLA-Time-and-Report-for-jira-work-calendar.png

Next, create an SLA configuration with this calendar. For a Start, set the Issue is Created condition, Any Assignee and the status of the issue when it will be created (for example, Backlog), and for Stop, set All other statuses

2-SLA-Time-and-report-sla-configuration.png

Set the Trigger to 56 h (8 working hours per day*7 working days), and as an action – Notification in the comment to the task (at the same time, it will also be sent to the mail). You can create custom text for notifications if required.

Save it, and now the time count will be based exclusively on working days and times in the calendar.

Use the add-on trial to try this option, and I hope this solves your problem. My team developed the application, so if you need help setting it up, I will gladly help.

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2022

Hi @Nash,

This looks very much like a service level objective or even agreement (SLA), so you could makes things easier to track by using an SLA for this purpose.

In project settings, SLA, define an SLA that starts when the issue is assigned, has the timer paused on non working days and outside office hours and specify the right amount of working hours as the target time (assuming a working day equals 8 hours, then 7 working days would be 56 hours). Have the timer stop when the issue is transitioned to the next status.

For more details on configuring SLAs, see Atlassian support documentation.

By setting this up, you will be able to use the SLA Threshold Breach trigger to initiate your email. That way the SLA mechanism takes care of all the heavy lifting for you.

Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 14.18.15.png

And as an additional benefit, you can visualise the time remaining on your issues and in many other places in Jira to better track your team's priorities.

Hope this helps!  

Nash November 1, 2022

Thank you Walter- This is purely down when a ticket is at status Level 1 and based on the activity date it triggers 1st email warning that it will be escalated. if this hasn't been actioned within 2 days. 2nd email based on the AR will be sent to a line manager and transition to the next status. This rule which I need to capture is that it should be based on business days Monday to Friday.

Currently, the rule counts Saturday and Sunday

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2022

Hi @Nash,

If you are using an SLA, that is because you are probably using a 24/7 calendar with your SLA definition. You need to specify working hours and days in that SLA calendar and as soon as you're there, non working days will no longer be counted.

See this article to learn more. 

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 28, 2022

Hi @Nash 

Is there a question here? You tried building the second rule and didn't succeed? 

Nash November 1, 2022

It didn't work as it didn't calculate the business days

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events