Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Slack application integration error

When I click on 'Connect to Slack' with the Confluence App,  I receive the following error in a dialog:

{"error":{"message":"Invalid or missing CSRF token","code":"INVALID_CSRF"}}

I am currently using the standalone Slack Application and not the browser version

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Apr 14, 2021

Hi @ryan , welcome to the Community!

We often see this error when cross-site protection in browsers is in a strict mode. For example, Brave Browser's Shield functionality will block third-party cookies, which will lead to this CSRF token error.

If possible, I'd suggest trying the "Connect to Slack" flow in a vanilla or incognito Chrome window (extensions disabled) - by default, Chrome does not block this flow. If you have trouble getting the popup from Slack to go to the correct browser window, you could try signing into slack.com (the web app) from the incognito browser session first - then trying the login flow from the Confluence app in Slack should kick open a new tab in your incognito window rather than going to your system's default browser.

Otherwise, knowing which specific browser you're using, I can provide steps for creating an exception for the integration. This flow only needs to be completed once - after the connection is established, you don't need to use an incognito or continue with an exception in place.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Hi @Daniel Eads

Thank you for your response. I have Slack application downloaded on my computer and I am not using any browser to integrate Confluence cloud to Slack.

Thank you again

Ryan

Daniel Eads Atlassian Team Apr 14, 2021

Hey Ryan,

When you click the button in the Slack application to get Confluence connected, that launches a web page in your system's default browser. It would be the same as clicking on a web address in Slack - it pops open in a browser rather than loading in the Slack application directly.

That's one way you can check which browser it's going to open in - send yourself a Slack message with a link (such as https://atlassian.com for example) and see what happens when you click the link in Slack. Whichever browser opens is the same browser that the Confluence app will be using when you click "Connect to Slack".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

ThinkTilt is joining the Atlassian Family!

This morning, Atlassian announced the acquisition of ThinkTilt , the maker of ProForma, a no-code/low code form builder with 700+ customers worldwide. ThinkTilt helps IT empower any team in their or...

846 views 30 33
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you