Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single sign on for customers

Gerard Williamson November 2, 2022

Atlassian Access documentation states the you will not be charged for customer SSO access. I have SSO setup and it works for my Agent. SSO appears to work for my customers as the login flow shows Azure AD but they are redirected back to the login page. It never takes them to the portal.

Has anyone got this to work?

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2022

Hi @Gerard Williamson 

Be awware that this applies to INTERNAL customers, not external to your company. Im assuming is the case.

Another way to do would be 

- Add the created accounts in a specific group from your identity provider / service to a Jira Group that is not licensed in any product

- Add this group with role Service Desk / Portal Customers in your service Project. They will not use Jira Service Managmeent licences

The caveat of this option is that the customer will not be in Customer Organizations, so the only way to share requests between then will be informing their request participants via email .

I had a similar case with SSO using verified domain and office 365 that may work for your case. 

- We have integrated the domain, so all the emails address started comming to "Managed Accounts" in Organization Admin 

- We configured the domain of this company as a Internal approved domain for Jira Service Management (more clarification on this doc https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/change-global-customer-permissions/

- We have set the project to allow anyone permited in global customer permission (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/change-project-customer-permissions/#Service-project-access)

Check if this helps and let me know. Maybe I can help with diffent solutions 

Gerard Williamson November 4, 2022

Once I configured account provisioning with my Azure AD the SSO started working properly.

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 2, 2022

@Gerard Williamson -

Welcome to the community.  By default, portal access is primary used by customers and not agents.  For agents (after SSO via Atlassian Access), it will take them to the product UI (i.e. JSM project UI).

Atlassian Access is by user license based and not free.  It is only a part of the products if you are on the Enterprise plan (without separate fees).

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS