Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing the assignee in the web portal

Mathias Koprek October 22, 2018

Hi,

Is it somehow possible to see the actual assignee for an issue as a customer in the web portal?

A simple text like "Assignee: Mathias" would be enough.

Kind Regards

Mathias

6 answers

2 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Saskia Zeedijk May 20, 2021
2 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2018

Hi Mathias,

We do show the assignee on the Service Desk portal for our internal IT service desk.  BUT it's not OOB, we accomplished it using the plugin:

Extension for Jira Service Desk

Mathias Koprek October 23, 2018

Hi Susan,

Thank you! I will try that out today!!

4 votes
Elisa Lucchini December 9, 2020

Is it still not available? I don't see why we shouldn't display the assignee to the customer.

Usecase in my company: the assignee is the product manager, and the customers are my colleagues, that can report bugs.

And it would be useful if customers could ask their questions directly to the product managers.

2 votes
Slava Dobromyslov November 1, 2022

Create an automation script which is triggered by issue assign and add a comment with assignee name to the issue visible to your client:script.jpg

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2022

Thanks for this . We did the same ... Not the best workaround. But it has been working for some time.

Another action we have used is the Fetch Issue Data as we have notice sometimes the assignee may have changed by other concurrent automation, etc.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Magic Mike
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2023

Guys,

There is an answer here : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Add-assignee-to-the-customer-portal-page/qaq-p/1462164

It works only in the request list not on a particular ticket.

Best regards,

Mike

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2018

Mathias,

It isn't a good practice to have assignee field visible on customer portal.  A number of fields can be added to the request type and given a preset value, but you cannot make them visible on the customer portal:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/configuring-request-types-and-workflows-732528910.html

• Linked issues
  • Any fields that are defined by other JIRA applications
  • Group, project, and version picker custom fields
  • Assignee

Victor

Mathias Koprek October 22, 2018

Hi Victor,

so even if we and our customers want this "feature" it will not be possible to make it visible on the customer portal?

Kind Regards

Mathias

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2018

Mathias,

Unfortunately no. See the topic on the same link 

Hidden fields and unsupported fields

victor

JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2018

There's a workaround, but you need the nFeed addon. You can create a nFeed custom field, copy the assignee into this field & keep it updated on any changes & then display the nFeed field in the customer frontend.

Still, not best practice to display the assignee on the frontend.

Best

JP

Jasmijn van den Beukel November 8, 2019

Hi @JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_ could you please help me understand why it is not best practice to show the assignee on the front end? Would be very helpful. 

Best regards, Jasmijn

Like # people like this
Pepe Bawagan December 13, 2022

my guess is because it humanizes the servant on the other side, which is unacceptable for jira's biggest clients

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events