Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show the priority name instead of its icon in the "Column View" for filter and Queue

Augustin FRANÇOIS
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 25, 2024

Hello,

My client want to see the priority name instead of its icon in the column "Priority" from filter or queue view. 

Someone have a workaround to do that ?

3 answers

3 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2024

Hi @Augustin FRANÇOIS , welcome to the Atlassian Community and thanks for your question.

Annoyingly, you will likely need an automation for this. If you check the smart values documentation here, https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-issues/ , you will find how to write the smart value to retrieve the name of the Priority instead of the symbol and then you would need to populate a custom field with this information, like this.

image.png

Please try this out in your environment and give us your feedback about how it goes.

Cheers

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nikola Perisic
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2024

Welcome to the community @Augustin FRANÇOIS 

Workaround here is to create a custom field that will have the multiple choices where you will add your priorities. After you are done creating the custom field add them to the screens of your project.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 25, 2024

Hi @Augustin FRANÇOIS

I don't know if this problem justifies additional tooling for you, but just to put this out there: If you're open to solution from the Atlassian Marketplace, this would be easy to do in the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.

Plus, you can easily view the names of your issue's priorities, like so:

priority-name.gif

As every JXL sheet is powered by either a saved filter or a JQL statement, many of our customers use sheets as an extension or alternative to both filter views and queues. Note that this just works - so there's no scripting or automation whatsoever required.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events