Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show or hide a transition on the customer portal after a certain time

Allison Stewart May 26, 2022

I have a workflow where I need to allow my Customer to escalate the issue if they have not heard anything from the service agent in 48 hours. 

In other words, I want to show my "Customer Escalate" transition on my customer portal only when the issue has been in the state of "Waiting for Support" or "Customer Responded" for >= 48 hours.  The customer should not otherwise be able to escalate the issue.

I was thinking of setting up an SLA and then using an Automation for "sla breached", but I can't find an action to "show the transition" from a workflow.  Or perhaps I can do something directly in the workflow.  But I'm a new admin and I'm not sure how to accomplish this best.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2022

@Allison Stewart -

Unfortunately, out of the box the ability to show a WF transition on the portal for customers doesn't give one the ability to trigger display of it based on specific criteria.  It is displayed or not displayed (share or not share) in the portal.

I am not aware of any solution at this time.  You may want to search in the marketplace for third party vendor add-ons that can provide this type of functionality.

The only idea that I have is to create a automation rule triggered by SLA breach event and automatically transition the issue to Escalate status on the backend.  However, this will not be something invoked by customers from the portal.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders