Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show migrated projects in Customer Portal

Daniel Bermudez March 11, 2024

Hello, I have a question. At my workplace, we are migrating from Jira Server to Jira Service Management (JSM). We've migrated all the projects, but when I try to make them appear in the portal, they don't show up. How can I make the projects I need to show up in the portal?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2024

Hello @Daniel Bermudez 

Can you clarify your migration path?

Did you projects start on a self-hosted environment (i.e. Server/Data Center)?

And are you migrating them to the Cloud hosting environment?

What type of projects were the source projects - Jira Software or Jira Service Desk?

What tools did you use to migrate the projects?

We are migrating from jira software on prem to Jira Service management on prem 

The source projects were from jira software

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2024

What version of the Jira Software and Jira Service Management products are you using?

Are you on a Server license or a Data Center license?

Did you keep the projects on the same server, just adding Jira Service Management to the existing server, or did you put Jira Service Management on a separate server?

You said "We've migrated all the projects,"  What steps did you take to execute that "migration"?

Software version: 8.22.4
JSM Version: 9.10.2

What do you mean about the server license or data center license?

Yes, we keep the projects on the same server, we just added JSM to it

And the migration we did it through the jira importer

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2024

What do you mean about the server license or data center license?

If you go to this page on your instance, what does it say for License Type?

https://yourBaseURL/plugins/servlet/applications/versions-licenses

Exactly what steps did you execute when you say you migrated "through the jira importer"?

In some versions of Jira self-hosted a Software project can be changed to a Service Management project simply by changing the Project Type on the Project Settings > Details page. I'm not sure if that was available for v8.22.4 - I'm still looking for that documentation.

This:

image.png

I'm sorry, I made a mistake above, they are not on the same server, they are on different servers.

We had Jira software in one server and we are passing all the data to a JSM infraestructure in a new server

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2024

Are you able to access the Project Settings page(s) for the projects you imported?

If so, are you able to change the Project Type field to Service Desk/Management (I'm not sure what the exact name is in that field)?

Daniel Bermudez March 12, 2024

Yes, im able to access the project settings for the projects that I imported

And not really, when I click in the project type it only shows these two options:

image.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 13, 2024

@Daniel Bermudez 

As I said, I wasn't sure exactly what the name would be in the list, but I'm pretty sure that "Service" would be the Service Desk/Management project type. ;-)

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 9.07.39 AM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events