Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show form when the customer transitions an issue

Wim Abts April 8, 2022

Hi, 

We're assessing the migration to cloud an one of the possibilities we now have by using the 'Actions for Jira' add-on, is to have the customer fill in some fields when performing a transition in the customer portal.

This is used in the 'Refuse resolution' transition, where the customer can refuse the resolution provided by the agent.

When the customer uses the 'Refuse' action in the portal, he needs to enter a reason (why is he refusing the solution) and this in a custom field so that we can query on it later (which is not possible with the standard feature where only a comment can be entered).

We were told that this could be achieved by using Forms in Jira CLoud, but I can't find any reference to this in the documentation.

So we would like the customer to be able to provide us info in a custom field when performing a transition in the portal (Refuse -> issue transitions from 'Resolved' state to 'Refused' state).

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 8, 2022

hi, @Wim Abts 

You create the Smart Jira Forms with some field logic and automatically add it to every issue of some request type. So, it might have a question if customer is happy with resolution. If he clicks NO,  the Form will expand with additional fields. Once submitted, you will be able to see the result in the issue.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2022

I am unfamiliar with the "Actions for Jira" but do wonder if you could use the new Forms feature to achieve your goal based upon what I have read/seen. Fore example this use case - Forms-Use-Case-Recruitment 

Wim Abts April 8, 2022

As far as I can see, it's not possible...
But our Atlassian Partner who did the assessment, claims it can be done.

I will contact them and ask them more info, if not possible we would need some replacement add-on as the 'Actions for Jira' add-on is not available in Cloud.

Thanks for your reply!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events