Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I create one or many external service projects?

Robert Wlodarczyk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 2, 2021

Our company has a number of external customers of our product. We want to use the External Service Project in Jira Service Management. Should I create 1 External Service Project for all customers or should I create 1 External Service Project per customer?

If I create 1 for all customers, are there settings to restrict having each customer see each other's tickets?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2021

@Robert Wlodarczyk 

Welcome to the community.  If  you have a single product that individuals will be submitting request to I would suggest a single project.  This will be easier for your team to monitor and manage work.  Customers will be able to submit requests and see their requests but they will not be able to see other customers requests unless they share them with others.  All the request types in the portal will be the same for all customers.

Robert Wlodarczyk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 3, 2021

Thank you @Brant Schroeder! I appreciate the input. I'll give this a try and see how it works out for us.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events