Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup OAUTH 2.0

Howard Rabb May 7, 2023

Hey all,

Trying to follow this guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/detailed-steps-to-configure-oauth-2-0-integration-with-microsoft-azure-1167706465.html

However I'm not sure if Jira has changed or there is a step missing, or what is wrong,  but I don't seem to have a Jira administration > applications so there is nowhere to choose application links.  When Look at the screenshot it doesn't have the same menu options at all, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.  We're trying to setup Jira Service Management (Cloud) for a test to see if we should dump Autotask for it.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2023

Hi @Howard Rabb ,

Can you elaborate a bit on your use case (as to why you are setting up OAuth 2.0) and also what type of environment you are working with. I think the documentation you are referring to is for the on premise version of the Jira.

If you are on a Cloud environment (and Free) this could have some limitations and different methods of setup.

Howard Rabb May 8, 2023

Hi, we're using Service Manager Cloud (not on prem).

When a customer emails us today they email support@fqdn.com which is a shared mailbox.  Today, Autotask processes emails sent there, but I also monitor the inbox in other ways just to keep my eye on it.  The mailbox is an O365 shared mailbox. 

We want to reproduce that same thing on Service Management for testing to see if we like it better as I really don't like Autotask.

I have not seemed to located directions yet on how to do this.  We're using the free version at the moment, but we expected to upgrade to the paid tier, if we need something in the paid tier I'm fine to do the upgrade now.

Thanks

H

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2023

@Howard Rabb ,

Normally to link a O365 mailbox on Cloud you can just go to

Project Settings -> Email Requests

There you have the option to link a Microsoft Account

Howard Rabb May 8, 2023

Right, but a shared mailbox is not an account, it's a shared mailbox.  This is the challenge we're facing right now.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events