Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup Data Center Service Management Instance

Mohamed Elcott February 2, 2021

I want to download, install and prepare a data center instance in our environment. Is there a way to get 1 license to do this and then when i have it all setup, purchase the block of licenses i need for the other staff? 

My current ticketing system doesn't expire until Nov. so i don't want to migrate off of that until closer to that time and would like to prep from now until then. 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

@Mohamed Elcott 

Server will easily upgrade to Data Center.  I would suggest setting up a developer instance of your current production instance.  You can get a developer license in the same place you get your production license.   You can then try data for free, get a demo license.  The demo license is valid for 30 days.  You would follow the steps here to migrate to data center https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/migrate-from-server-to-data-center-953127136.html

This will give you an idea of what it will take to make the change in November.  Make sure that you totally de-prod the developer instance and make sure that it can not access production systems.  

If you are starting from scratch you can just download the demo license and go from there.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events