Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up default reporter within a JIRA form.

Liza Gonzalez January 31, 2023

Hello,

I'm trying to create a default reporter field within a JIRA service management form that I created. I can't find where to find it. Is this something that exists now or is that an upcoming feature?

Thank you,

Liza

2 answers

0 votes
Vincent Cheung February 6, 2023

Leave the reporter field out of your Jira Form design.  The reporter field will automatically show at the top of the form as "Raise this request on behalf of*" defaulting to the person logging the ticket.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2023

Hi Liza,

First, I guess, why would you do that? The reporter should be the person submitting the request. 

But, one option would be to put the Reporter field in a Hidden field in the Request Form. I have not tried that so note sure that it would actually work. 

Another option is it create a an Automation rule that fires on Issue created and updates the value of the Reporter field with the person you want. 

Liza Gonzalez February 3, 2023

I created a form for new idea submissions. There is a field for the submitter to enter their name, "requester". Instead of them entering their name, we want it to automatically default to the user/submitter.

New Idea.PNG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2023

When the issue is created, it will automatically put the person who submitted the request into the Reporter field. There's no need to have a separate field to ask them who they are, the system already knows that. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events