cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting different SLAs for different ticket types

Robert Sztrikinacz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 5, 2024

Hey, quite new to Jira, currently setting up a basic IT service desk with three main Work Categories: Incidents, Service Requests and Changes. The idea is that Incidents would have different turnaround times for the same priority as a Service Request or a New Change Request.

I have successfully set up turnaround times to resolution for Incidents using a simple conditional "Work Category" = Incidents using the P1-P5 categories.

However when I try to add a further Goal using "Work Category" = Service Requests it seems to clash with the previous goal and when a service request is raised it does not have a goal time allocated. I'm assuming it's because the Goal has the P1-P5 priorities set and there is a non-removeable priority that states "All Remaining Priorities" that is set to blank.

Is there a way to make this model work using SLAs and priorities? As far as I could tell only the priority can determine the turnaround time in the SLA (Urgency - high/med/low would be good for Service Requests but it does not come up as an option). Would appreciate any help even if it means I'm on a completely wrong track in trying to set this up.

Thanks

1 answer

4 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2024

Hi @Robert Sztrikinacz , it would really help to see a screenshot of what you set up. However, I suspect what you are doing is creating multiple goals where a single combined goal is required. for example the following would represent 4 different Goals

"Work Category" = "Service Requests" AND priority = High

"Work Category" = "Service Requests" AND priority = Med

"Work Category" = Incidents AND priority = High

"Work Category" = Incidents AND priority = Med

Robert Sztrikinacz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 5, 2024

Thanks very much, please see screenshot of current setup for incidents. If I wanted to specify any other Work Category I would need to add a separate goal. However I think the fact that this Goal has the "All remaining priorities" and I cannot remove it clashes with any further Goal.

Screenshot 2024-01-05 141409.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events