Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Filtered Asset automatically in customer portal

Jeff Maynard March 8, 2023

I have an Asset that pulls in a list of supervisors for all employees.  The filter works fine and on the customer portal the dropdown only contains the supervisor name.  I would prefer that it just automatically sets that value rather than the user having to select it.  Is that possible?  It's an Asset Object field.  I'm open to other ways to do this.  We have Scriptrunner as well, but for that I can only seem to just filter the dropdown to show all supervisors to pick from.  Using 9.4.3 Core/Software and 5.4.3 Service Management.  Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Suzi Firth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2023

HI @Jeff Maynard 

I just explained this on another post however it is for a cloud setup.

I'm not entirely sure how different the setup in server is but it may be worth a read.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/how-do-i-update-an-Assets-objects-custom-field/qaq-p/2293384 

Kind regards,

Suzi

Jeff Maynard March 10, 2023

Hi Suzi,

Thanks for pointing me in this direction, but it doesn't seem to allow me to put in the JiraUser = currentReporter() part.  JiraUser is the User field that I have identified in the Asset schema.  When I go to that box and start typing, the list of supervisors appears in the box as I'm typing and it won't let me put in JiraUser = anything.  If I type it and try to save it, it just blanks out.  Here's how I defined the field and what I see when I try to save it.

Capture.PNGfield.png

Suzi Firth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2023

Hi @Jeff Maynard 

In your automation I believe your Edit Issue Supervisor 2 should have JiraUser = {{issue.reporter}}

Suzi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events