Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up SLA to start counting time by different time stemp than creation time

Miro Zani April 27, 2023

Hi!

We have a special case for SLA. Customers sometimes report requests by alternative channels, like regular mails to employees, phone call s to employees and so on.

In the same time, customer strongly requires that all requests are entered in service manager, and that SLA starts counting from the moment when we received the request, not from the moment when request is really created in the system.

In such scenarios happen that requests are entered into the system with significant time delay. Can we somehow add that additional time to SLA and set it up to count it in remaining time? By adding the time, we will shorter time to respond by the time delay.

Any advice or suggestion? Using custom code or custom plugins are options as well.

Thank you in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2023

Hi @Miro Zani 

Welcome to the Community!

I would suggest implementing an SLA by starting with a date field that can be set by agents when creating or after creating the issue. Since the issue creation date may not always be accurate, this date custom field can serve as the basis for starting the SLA. You can set the date field manually or use a script to automatically set it (for example, as the creation date if it's not specified).

If you're interested, you can use the Time to SLA app available on the Market, which provides documentation on how to implement this approach.

Please note that I'm a member of the Time to SLA team, so my recommendation may be biased.

Best

Miro Zani April 27, 2023

Thank you very much! I really appreciate the answer.

How I understood, such case is not supported out of the box, but can be implemented by extension.

As I could see, Time to SLA plugin supports it. tnx :)

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2023

Yes, you're welcome.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events