Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set the last user {{initiator}} as the value for a User attribute of an Object with automation?

Matias Bolyos May 3, 2023

Hi Community!

I´m trying to set up an automation that sets the last Updater of an Object as the value of an "Assigned User" User type attribute in Assets Cloud.

In Jira, this would work with the {{initiator}} smart value, but that does not seem to be the case for the "Edit Object Attribute" action. {{initiator.accountId}} does not work either, they return this error: Error updating Object(s).

The User should come straight from the Jira Directory, not another Object. If I set a fix accountId, that works, but obviously not an option for this use case.

I also tried to create a smart value with the "Set Variable" action, to get the {{initiator.accountId}} but that did not work either.

Does anyone know a workaround to get the accountId (preferably without a Web Request), or could point out something I missed? Would greatly appreciate the help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matias Bolyos May 5, 2023

Found a workaround with a web request.

0 votes
Matias Bolyos May 5, 2023

The only smart value I managed to insert in the field was {{rule.actor}}. This can set the User field to "Automation for Jira".

Screenshot 2023-05-05 113207.png

So, cheekily I tried changing the Actor to "User who triggered this event", but then the rule stopped triggering at all. I should have full admin access so that should work at least with my account. Really feels like this feature is just blocked for some reason.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events