Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set email for reporter without account

UC IT Solutions Center December 15, 2021

Hello,

We have a project that migrated from JIRA Server and did not allow for reporters without accounts so we have a custom field with the email of the reporter on every issue.

Two questions:

1. Is there a way to set the reporter as an email of a user without an account? I know you can do this using the customer portal (see below screenshot) but I need to do this retroactively
  2. If so, is there a way to do this in bulk based off this custom reporter_email field?

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 10.34.54 AM.png

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2021

No, the whole point of an anonymous record is that you do not know who they are.  There's actually nothing to put an email on, because you can't identify them.

UC IT Solutions Center December 16, 2021

Hello, I think I may not have articulated my question correctly. I've inserted a screenshot below of a ticket raised from the anonymous portal for my project. What I'm looking to do is update the reporter field to be an email for a user without a customer account 

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 10.34.54 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events