Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set due date to equal custom date field

Rebecca Molstad August 11, 2022

For employee onboarding requests, I would like to set the ticket Due Date to be equal to  my custom date field, Employee Start Date. I am trying to use automation to edit the issue on create, however the due date keeps ending up NULL. 

Edit issue:

Choose fields to set: Due date

Due date:

Copy Employee Start Date from Current issue

How can I set the due date to be equal to a custom date field?

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2022

Hi @Rebecca Molstad , will the following work?

Use smart values - {{issue.custom field}} - replacing "custom field" with your field name.

I tried both {{issue.Employee Start Date}} and {{issue.customfield_10037}} and no luck!

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2022

@Rebecca Molstad -

Have you look into the audit log associated with your automation rule to see if there are any problems?

Secondly, who is the actor running the automation rule?

Lastly, Due Date field population requires (Schedule issue permission).

Please let me know what you find out from the audit log first.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

The audit log shows that everything ran successfully. The automation is triggered upon creation of the request, which typically is entered in our support portal by an end user (non-agent). Schedule issue permissions is set up for:

• Project Role (Administrators)
  • Project Role (atlassian-addons-project-access)
  • Project Role (Service Desk Team)
  • Service Project Customer - Portal Access
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2022

Can you share your automation rule setup?

Best, Joseph

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2022

@Rebecca Molstad -

Try the following setup - When you set Due Date field value via Copy operation, can you try "Copy xxxx from Trigger issue")  instead of current issue?

2022-08-11_13-42-58.png

In my example, customer will enter in a value in a field named "Event Date", and my rule copy the value from it and populate the Due Date field.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Like Ashley Fisher likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders