Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set automation to close ticket 24hrs after status was changed

James Gray April 13, 2023

Hello,

I am trying to add automation to change the status of a ticket from "Resolved, waiting for Calls" (renamed the pending status) to "Done" after 24 hours, however, the automation is running but it is not being transitioned. 

Screenshot 2023-04-13 162840.png

Any suggestions, or is there an easier way to transition it?

Thanks  

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

@James Gray 

You actually need to create a Scheduled rule to do this.

The 24 hours factor is like a condition that will never be reached according to your automation rule.

Try something like this:

1. - Use the 'Scheduled' trigger
  2. - Choose the time that the rule will run, we usually set it once a day, every day at the specified time
  3. - Check the option "Run a JQL search and execute actions for each issue in the query."
  4. - Uncheck the option "Only include issues that have changed since the last time this rule executed"
  5. - In the space to insert the JQL, put the JQL filter that contains the issues you want to target: status = "Resolved, waiting for calls" AND updated <= startOfDay(-1d)
  6. - In Action, define the action that it really is: Transition issue to Done status

After that, every day at the stipulated time, the issues that are within the filter will be transferred to Done

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any question.

Regards,

Fernando

James Gray April 13, 2023

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for the suggestion, I followed it, however, it is still returning "No Actions Performed". Any suggestions? 
Thanks

Fernando Eugênio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

@James Gray 

No Actions performed indicates that you do not yet have any issues that fit your filter result.

This same filter you can use in a Jira JQL and see how many results it returns.

If it returns results and you still get the No Actions Performed message, can you share how you configured the rule here?

James Gray April 15, 2023

Hi Fernando,

So I populated the service desk with a variety of issues and set them all to the same status, and used the previously suggested query, but still, nothing returned. 

What ended up working was the following two queries: 

status = "Resolved, Waiting for Calls" AND updated <= -1d AND updated > -2d

status = "Resolved, Waiting for Calls" AND updated <= startOfDay(-1) AND updated >= startOfDay(-2) AND updated <= now()

Now in principle, all 3 should have worked, as they're all calling the same values. It could be an issue with my instance referencing the date/time.

But thank you for the suggestions! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events