Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set assignee based on custom field value

Kristen Viscardi April 14, 2017

We are using Service Desk for a project that maps to the issue type task on the back end. For this service desk there are 6 choices for "Customer Request Type." Depending on which of the 6 choices is selected in the customer request type field we want the issue to automatically update the issue's assignee. Is this possible?

3 answers

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Hi @Kristen Viscardi ,

you can put in place that behaviour through an automation or through a scripted post function.

Fabio

0 votes
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2017

So, question - do you have a workflow assigned to specific issue types? For instance - I have a workflow in jira service desk for types of issue type Mobility.    In that workflow, I do a post function on issue create to assign to a user that specifically takes care of verizon / at&t / Tmobile requests.  That functionality is free.

Now - that raises some questions - for instance - why do this?  If a person is out sick or on holiday for a week you set yourself up for failure on SLA.  So, I also go in and have a Queue set up specifically for Mobility Issue tickets to be filtered into.  That way I can see the tickets in a nice bucket and how many there are to work on.

If you want to buy a plugin - script runner is what we use.  We use it to also trigger our assets (also in jira) to spin up a service desk ticket when their warranty runs out.

Are you using JIRA server? If so you can try using the add-on JJUPIN which should do the job, e.g.with a SIL update listener and a simple script 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events