Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Product Category on ticket creation

paul_creedy February 1, 2023

I have a need to set the Product Category and sub category on the creation of a tick through automation.

The general process is "If ticket is {some condition} then set some fields"

I'm already doing this successfully in some circumstances but I also need to set the Product category and sub category field values.

Those files are missing from the automation pick list so I'm hoping I can set it using the Advance json option below it.  However I have no clue how to do this?

If it's possible could someone tell me what JSON I need to use to set the Product Category and Product sub category field please?

Many thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Samuel Gatica _ServiceRocket_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2023

Hi @paul_creedy 

Does the  Product Category field is a Casacade type?

Best regards

Sam

paul_creedy February 1, 2023

Yes, it's a two level cascade where the second option changes depending on what you previously selected.

However in the case of automation I know exactly what those two items will be in each case.

I'm looking for keywords in the ticket to set the product category in some common scenarios such as emails from our monitoring systems.

I'm already doing this for affected services/components etc but can't do it with Product category.

Paul

Samuel Gatica _ServiceRocket_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2023

HI @paul_creedy 

Try using the following in the "Additional fields" section of the Edit action.

{
"fields": {
"Field_Name" : { "value": "Parent_Value", "child": { "value" : "Child_Value"} }
}
}

Best regards

Sam

paul_creedy February 2, 2023

Thank you. I'll give that a try.

Many thanks

paul_creedy February 2, 2023

My initial tests show that seems to work.

THANK  YOU!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events