Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Parent Link When Creating Issue in Post Function

Drew May 2, 2024

I have an automation that triggers when an issue in a project transitions to a certain status. In the automation, I'm setting certain fields. One field is Parent Link, which is giving me an error when executing.

The error is a 400 code, with a message of "Incorrect request: {"parent":"data was not an object"}"

The expected value for setting this field is simply an issue key, which is what I'm doing:

image.png

One thing to note is that the newly created issue is not in the same project as the issue that triggers the automation, I'm not sure if that matters. Doesn't seem like it should though.

Is the tooltip for the expected value just incorrect?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Reshma Begum _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2024

Hi @Drew ,

I am Reshma from Appfire, a vendor of JMWE!

Thanks for reporting this issue!

We have identified the bug recently and released a hotfix in the marketplace. It should be working now.

Please give it a try and let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Reshma

Drew May 7, 2024

Hi Reshma,

I tested the automation today, it worked exactly as expected! Thank you so much for the update and the quick fix!

Regards,

Drew

Like Reshma Begum _Appfire_ likes this
0 votes
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2024

Hi @Drew 

It looks like a bug in JMWE caused by a recent change in the Jira rest API. You should open a support request with Appfire. 

You might also want to try setting the Parent field instead. 

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2024

Hi Drew,

Why are you doing this through JMWE and not just a simple Automation rule? 

Also, you should be using the Parent field instead of Parent Link. 

All of that being said, those probably have nothing to do with your error. Usually that looks like a Permission thing. And usually because you either don't have Browse Project permissions on the Project that you are trying to create in or you don't have Create issue permissions. Sometimes that has to do with Issue Level Security as well. I would start with investigating all of those. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events