Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services approvers not being set

Eoin Flynn August 24, 2022

Hi Everyone,

I've created a duplicate of the Service Request with Approvals called Service Request with Service Owner Approval which has the exact same workflow with the exception of the approver required at the approvals stage of the workflow.

Approver Configuration

The approver configuration I've set requires 1 approver from the Affected services approver group.

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 8.37.43 pm.png

I've run a test using the default change management request type and when selecting this group the appropriate approvers are listed so I've safely ruled out this being an issue with the approvers group.

Request Type

On the request type the user must select the affected services.Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 8.39.49 pm.png

This information is successfully copied across to the request ticket.

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 8.41.02 pm.png

Problem

The problem is that the approvers are not being automatically listed as approvers on the ticket in Jira. Instead I am still receiving a prompt to assign an approver.

Is what I'm trying to achieve not possible or is there a bug in my workflow?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eoin Flynn August 24, 2022

Thanks to @Rex Y. for the answer to this one:

Based on the information that you've provided, the reason why there's no approvers on your request type is because you've set the Approver source as Affected services > Approver groups and the Approver groups field is not set on your issue screen which in turn needs to be configured on your Issue view of the request type Request Additional Access.

Essentially, you need to Issue Scheme and add Approver Groups to the request type.

Rex
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2022

Appreciate the mention here @Eoin Flynn 
You're most welcome 😊

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders