Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service ticket was closed but resolution not set. How can I find this field to update?

Charlotte Bish April 4, 2022

A ticket has been pulling through to our reports as 'open' even though status is 'closed'. I have identified it is due to the resolution status still being 'unresolved' however I cannot locate this field in the ticket or project settings to update it? 

Please if anyone can advise?  

Screen shot shows the response to 'find my field' search suggesting it is hidden but I cannot find where to show this field? 

Issue Resolution field not showing.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2022

@Charlotte Bish I would suggest looking at the screen on the workflow when you are resolving the issue.  You will need to add the resolution field on that screen for the agent to set and make it required or you can just add it to the workflow so it is set automatically when the issue is closed.  If the issue is already closed you will need to reopen the issue in order to set the resolution by closing the issue again once you have updated the workflow.  

Charlotte Bish April 4, 2022

Hi @Brant Schroeder thank you for response! 

Sadly I am unable to update the status on the ticket but will reach out to JIRA admin to see if they can help. Thank you!

Like Brant Schroeder likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events