Service desk view request without account

Petr Sezemský April 28, 2023

Hello, to fully utilise the atlassian service desk, I need customer to be able to view their request without having to register. We can register them ourselves, same as we do with our web application.

And idea how to achieve this?

Example ideal scenario:

1. sales rep forwards client request to service desk (SD)
  2. SD agent creates customer account (e.g. by adding their email to customer list)
  3. SD agent changes reporter to the new email and sends ,,reply to customer"
  4. customer gets beatiful template response to their email where he can visit his request and rest of the customer portal without registration

Please tell me I'm not dreaming, when other service desk products can do it, advanced SD as this one has to too 🙂

P.S.: there seem to have been a solution 2 years ago, alas, that method is no longer available.

2 answers

1 vote
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2023

Hi @Petr Sezemský ,

Based on my knowledge of the service desk (also from the development side), this is impossible to achieve. Created tickets, even if available to a larger group of people, for example, by sharing them with the organization, are not publicly available. Public = without login. Being on the portal, we must be logged in because our profile/e-mail address determines whether we see a given request or not.

While it's true that customers can create requests without logging in if the portal is set up that way, they will need to provide an email address to track the progress of their request. Once an email is assigned to their account, they can use it to log in and view the ticket status.

~Kate

0 votes
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2023

Hi @Petr Sezemský On the customer access tab, (Settings[gear]/ Projects/JSM Section) under 'Portal Access' there is a checkbox for 'Customers can access and send requests from the portal without logging in'.  Would this work for you?

Petr Sezemský June 26, 2023

Unfortunately I didn't find this option anywhere, could you share a printscreen with it please? Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events