Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Portal Articles appear in Times New Roman

Florian Weiss February 2, 2021

Today our service portal suddenly changed the font to Times New Roman.

While the Confluence view for the article is fine, our customers see all content in Times New Roman. A web search resulted in the information that I should "clear the cache" however we use the cloud product.

Does anyone have any hints about this problem?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Florian Weiss February 3, 2021

ISSUE CONTINUED IN ANOTHER THREAD MENTIONING THE SAME BUG

For ease of keeping track if you found this topic please follow the thread in 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Knowledge-base-articles-have-different-fonts-in-service/qaq-p/1599161#M70894

I'll move the discussion there - this is NOT a solution to the problem, but helps everyone to keep track of the issue in a single place.

0 votes
Alexandra Bobrow (Instech) February 3, 2021

Both confluence and Jira Service Management use sans-serif for their websites. However the text from a confluence article when shown in JSM is being displayed in an iframe with no css styling for fonts. Even though the Confluence and JSM websites have css font styles of sans-serif, the iframe is unable to inherit styling from it.

Florian Weiss February 3, 2021

Thank you for analyzing the issue further and giving an explaination - unfortunately it seems we don't have any way to use this information to create a solution on client side.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

@Florian Weiss - for a single user, clearing your browser's cache might help resolve the issue. The webpage might be trying to retrieve a copy of a font that it *thinks* is saved to your PC, but isn't anymore for some reason.

However if this is affecting a large group of users, it's possible there may be issue on Atlassian's end for your service portal. Is this still happening?

This happens across browsers and users and is still happening: https://skilldisplay.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/article/828571661

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

@Florian Weiss - on that particular link, I don't see Times New Roman anywhere (which is partial good news)?

service_portal_tnr.JPG

Thank you for the feedback. I re-checked for the browser cache and also tried to disable it completely (Chrome), also my collegues still have the same issue.

Fun fact: the font was displayed correctly in chrome BEFORE I did clear the cache when a collegue hinted at the problem. (Could it be that you have the style cached from a different service portal which uses the same stylesheet where it works?)

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2021

The joys of modern websites. Does this happen in a totally different browser on a different PC? I wonder if this is affecting a certain geographic region (I'm in NYC).

Like Florian Weiss likes this

Yes, it happens on totally different browsers on totally different PCs.

After your suggestion I did test the idea about geographic regions via VPN and you are correct. I did repeat the test a couple of times to make sure that behavior really is representative.

Tests on Opera with standard VPN settings active.

• Using a VPN in Europe results in the Times New Roman version
  • Using a VPN in the US results in the correct standard version

When switching back from the US to Europe VPN the first load without clearing the cache is correct, after a cache-clear-refresh the font is back to Times New Roman.

Switching back to the US version and reloading with cleared cache again loads the correct version.

vpn_desk_eu.JPGvpn_desk_us.JPG

Michael Tanser February 3, 2021

We're having the exact same problem - not sure about locations, but if I view it in Chrome on my pc without clearing cache, it looks fine. On Safari, or on mobile, it's in TNR. We are also on Cloud. Would very much like a fix for this if possible.

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2021

I've escalated this thread to Atlassian Support, hopefully there's a resolution soon!

Alexandra Bobrow (Instech) February 3, 2021

I am also having the same issue. Did not find this article so creating another one, but an Atlassian employee gave me this link. Another guy commented on my article that he also has the same issue. I am in Europe and not using a VPN and this happens on linux, mac, pc, regardless of browser or private/incognito mode.

It seems it may only affect admin users as we use Microsoft single sign on but customers logging in with normal email addresses do not see the issue. How do you and your users log in? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events