Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk as a solution for tracking client requests.

Tanya Morgan July 12, 2021

We are a Digital Marketing Agency and we use Jira to manage our marketing campaigns for our client retainers. 

Some of the work requested by our clients is ad-hoc. Currently these requests are not tracked and live in our Consultant's inboxes. 

We were wondering if it would be good practice to possibly use the Jira Service Desk in a smart way to help us track these interactions/requests. 

As each Consultant has their own list of clients, we would like requests from specific clients to be routed to a specific queue for the relevant consultant. I understand that this can be done with jql. (We would then have to set up each of the consultants as service desk agents) 

My question is do you think this is a smart solution? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

Based upon what you have conveyed here it seems to me that JS would be an ideal solution.

each Agent could be represented by a consultant I think. You could set up Organizations within JSM to include each client.

Thank you Jack! :-) 

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

HI Tanya,

JSM is an ideal solution.  We have been using JSM for our external customer for the past 4 years.

Susan

Great thank you Susan. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events