Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk Portal not available for 1 user

Vijay Rampersad January 20, 2022

Hello,

I'm Jira Admin and received an incident of one person who does not see any predefined functionality on our customer Portal. He only sees a search bar and the text beneath that says: There are no request types configured for this project.

I checked his authorisation and Permission and everything looks correct. I also used user switcher add-on to see if I can replicate the problem and it also happens for me on my laptop so its not a specific webbrowser issue.

Please advise on how  I can troubleshoot this further.

Thanks in advanced!

Vijay

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2022

Hi @Vijay Rampersad 

If he is not able to see the project's requests, make sure he is added as customer in the project and has browse projects permission.

Thanks,

Pramodh

Vijay Rampersad January 21, 2022

Hello Pramodh,

I already checked his permissions and he is part of the group that is authorised in the users and roles of the project.

Also the portal visibility setting is on everyone with a jira account.

I don't understand why it's not working :(

Currently my workaround is to give him a service management licence but these are limited and would be an expensive workaround if it happens to more users.

Are there any other things I should be checking?

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2022

@Vijay Rampersad 

Don't give a customer, license to JSM.

Check the list of Customers inside the Project if the user is added?

It depends even when the user has permissions, the user should be added as the customer in the project.

Maybe this link can help you

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Unable-to-access-the-customer-portal/qaq-p/1382708

Let me know once you try with these

Thanks,
Pramodh

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events