Servce Desk Reports - Series Creation

John Long November 18, 2017

It appears that all I can do is choose from predefined series when I add a series to create a report.  Are we able to create additional series to report on?  e.g. custom fields with dates I have added in order to do an aging?  And how can I make the reports visible to the customer portal?

5 comments

Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2017

Hi John, 

As far as I'm aware, this is not possible in Reports, and reports are only visible to JIRA Service Desk agents.

Dashboards have more flexibility, so you might find that a dashboard meets your need. But unfortunately it's not possible to share dashboards with customers, unless they have either a JIRA license or a Confluence license.  Here's a related discussion that might help: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Expose-a-customer-dashboard-on-the-customer-portal/qaq-p/183904

Mandy Parker August 15, 2018

Hi- I know this was posted awhile ago, but using the advanced feature, you can add custom series information (ie: custom fields).  If you're using the cloud version, you should be able to find out what the custom field id is from queue edit screen.  

Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2018

Hi @Mandy Parker - can you confirm what you mean by the advanced feature? I see there's an option to use advanced filters. But in the Series dropdown, I still see only the predefined values: 

Add a series.png

Like # people like this
Mandy Parker September 19, 2018

Hi @Susan Ostreicher, down below- next to Filter By.  If you use this feature, you can filter the series by your custom fields.  I located the key for my custom field by filtering by that field in queue and using the advanced feature to view the key for that specific field.  

Stephen Letch January 29, 2019

Hi Mandy

It doesn't get over the predefined series, its effectively running two queries. The first query is the series which is basically a metric, then it refines by your JQL.

We wanted to have a custom created vs resolved where resolved was 'resolved' status and not based on resolution detail being filled, after testing, it was only paying attention to resolution detail being filled even with an accompanying JQL of statuscategory = Done

Like # people like this
Katie Minks April 23, 2019

I am also experiencing this issue.  I would like to be able to see the number of tickets it a component over the past seven days along the created and resolved stats.

Like # people like this
Michael Hart December 21, 2021

I apologize for replying to such an old thread, but this is a question people are still running into in 2021. It's a high result on search engines, so I figured I should comment here:

The best "answer" I've found to this was posted in 2018. Link

(Quote from the link, in case things break in the future.)

You can do this in Jira Service by doing the following:

1. Create an SLA that matches your JQL criteria.
2. Select this in your customer report as a base for the series to be shown.

Basically, what seems like is going on is that the Series field is based off of SLAs. To resolve for this, you need to create an SLA for whatever it is you're trying to create a report around.

It's frustrating. Certainly not great, if your objective is to keep the SLA fields "clean", but it seems like the only viable work around.

Like # people like this
Andy March 11, 2022

Thank you Michael :)

Like Michael Hart likes this
Ana Viseu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2022

I wanted to share here the open suggestion ticket asking for this to be added to Jira Service Management so that any interested can vote and receive updates whenever there are any:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-422

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events