Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending replies to "Email not verified" customers

Marcin Tworek March 28, 2024

Hi

We have on-premise Jira Server with Jira Service Desk.

Recently our licence expired and we are unable to prolong it. 

So we are exploring possibility to migrate everything to Cloud.

Our test migration was successful, but all our clients have status "Email not verified", so when we replay to issues reported by those customers, they don't receive any e-mails containing our replies. 

Is there any way to make all those e-mails marked as "verified" ?

We have written agreements with these customers, so we are allowed to use their e-mail addresses. This is how we did it for years now. Our on-premise Servce Desk portal was not publicly available. Customers wrote to our support e-mail address, Service Desk issue was created, our staff responded by commenting on these issues, and customer received response via e-mail.  They are not accustomed to dealing with Jira web portal. 

It would be acceptable if customer e-mail address was automatically verified, when they create new issue.

Regards,

Marcin Tworek

1 answer

0 votes
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2024

Hello, 

Try to get more info using this kb https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/view-customer-notification-logs-for-your-service-project/

Check what was the reason if any.

Some email providers reject "cloud emails" unless you configure to have a secure and verified connection.

There also configurations about customer permissions that you may check depending on your scenario 

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/change-project-customer-permissions/

Answer back if you need more info.

I hope this helps.

Marcin Tworek March 28, 2024

Hi,

The problem is not that these e-mails are blocked.

Our comments to our customers are not send because all customers e-mails migrated to cloud have status "Unverified email". 

jira_customers.png

If we click "Resend Invite", and customer clicks on confirmation url in Invite e-mail, then after that, everything works correctly. 

We want to avoid sending hundreds of invitations to our existing customers. 

First of all, i don't know if there is a way to bulk send hundreds of invitations to all of our existing customers.

Second, many clients will ignore these invitations, and later, when they will report new issue to our Service Desk, their e-mails will still be "unverified", and they will still not receive our responses. 

In our old on-premise Jira Service Desk, there was no e-mail verification.

When our administrator added customer to Service Desk, there was no action required on customer part.

We would like to recreate this behavior in cloud if possible.

Regards,

Marcin Tworek

Thijs Walstra
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 17, 2024

Is there a solution to this problem? We have the same issue.

Dawid
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 18, 2024

Are you using the trial version or did you enter a credit card and already have the paid version?

Thijs Walstra
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 18, 2024

We are currently on the free plan for Jira Service Management.

People send us a ticket for help and forget to verify their email address and therefore do not receive comments from us on their ticket.

Marcin Tworek April 22, 2024

We figured out (with help from Atlassian support) that this is a "feature" of trial-free version. Once credit card is connected, all emails became "verified".

Thijs Walstra
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 22, 2024

Thanks Marcin.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events