Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending emails to specific projects

Jim Stewart November 18, 2020

Having a little trouble figuring this one out. Point me to doc please or advise. Simple question that will assist in about 10 projects 

--Email sent to generalhelpdesk@company.com there should be a helpdesk ticket created automatically to General Helpdesk project.

--Email to peopleopshelpdesk@company.comshould create a ticket assigned to people ops project,

Etc. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2020

Hi Jim,

yes, this is possible.

Please kindly refer to the following documentation for more information:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-an-email-account/

Regards,
Daniel

Thanks. I'll take a look. 

Actually, can I follow on to this? I went to look for email requests but it wasn't in Project Settings. (Maybe our version is newer than the doc?) I searched for email requests and interestingly it came up with a list of email addresses for each of our service desk projects. Neither my colleague nor I created them so it looks like they were autogenerated. 

The first one I tested worked fine. But the email address is kinda ungainly. So dhsd@companyname.atlassian.net. Could we change it or alias it so it instead says e.g.

Peopleops@companyname.com ??

Never mind. I think I see it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders