Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending attachment in a Issue without using a Add-on

Cedric December 16, 2019

Is there any posbility to use the "Send to Customer" Button sending attachment (not only the link to a file I upload). Customer are not having access to the portal, so they need the actual file and the public comment.

At the moment its solved with a add-on and a corresponding new button - which allows me to upload a file and send a public comment

Thing is there are several comment buttons with different functionalities 

Not possible in Jira Service Desk, to upload a file in a comment and send this to customer??
or how people solve this in general?

Thanks in advance

2 answers

0 votes
Hannes February 15, 2021

Hi @Cedric I have the same Issue. How did you solve this?

Best,

Hannes

Cedric February 18, 2021

Hi Hannes

No we couldn't solve this problem without installing a app.

Now we are working with with 

Mail Attachments for JIRA Service Desk

Grüsse

Cedric

0 votes
Zita Bagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2019

Hi, 

you mean the customer doesn't have access to Jira internally, but has access to the Service Desk ticket, right? Then you can just go to the issue internally, click on "browse" under Attachments, attach something, and click "Share with customer", then this becomes a public comment with an attachment.

Cedric December 16, 2019

Hi, thanks for your answer

The customer just receives a link if I attach the document as you described. Customer is not having access to the ticket, just get a notification out of jira and answers to this.

Zita Bagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2019

Do you have an email handler for your JSD? Then you could send the email to the customer with the attachment and it would automatically update the Jira issue and JSD ticket. This would generate duplicate emails tough. The customer would receive your email, which creates a ticket update, plus another email of the update that you have just created, and this would kinda defeat the purpose of JSD.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-desk-cloud/docs/receive-requests-from-an-email-address/

Can you maybe change the setting under Project settigns > Customer permissions regarding who can access the portal?

Cedric December 16, 2019

That is already working (we connected a shared mailbox) that is not the problem.

We dont want to open the portal on purpose to the customers. they should only interact with us via mail.

Im just wondering if a basic function like this (sending attachments to customer) is not possible with the default comment button in jira service desk.

Sending pictures (copy clipboard) is working, just sending the real file with a comment is not.

Zita Bagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2019

I tried the following: (logged in as a differen admin user) within the Comment panel I clicked on Attachment > +Browse > chose a file, added it as an attachment internall by clicking Add to issue only > this inserted the attachment into the comment > clicked on Share with Customer > I received an udpate email about the comment > I logged out of Jira > clicked on the file in the email and managed to download it. And I wasn't logged in

Have you tried this? Then this seems to send files in emails.

Cedric December 17, 2019

thanks, but the result is the same. The link referres to the Jira portal which the customer can't open.

Zita Bagi
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2019

One last thought: as a workaround you could just upload these attachments to a different address outside of Jira but which the customer can have access to. Then in the Jira comment / email simply refer to the linked attachment (so insert the link) and then the customer can download it from the link and not from Jira. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events