• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Sending E-mail to a Connected Custom Email Account doesn't create request/issues on Service Desk Edited

I'm currently assessing Jira Servicedesk as an option for our ticketing solution, and is on a free plan for Jira Service Desk and I'm having trouble with request creation via e-mail.

I setup a personal gmail e-mail channel, and I got the confirmation e-mail that confirm the custom email account is connected, which says: "Your service desk email channel is ready to receive requests!". However, any e-mails received by this e-mail doesn't create any Jira Service Desk requests. These e-mails also are unopened and remains in unread status.

I have come across multiple similar threads, such as https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Emails-sent-to-the-service-desk-address-create-no-ticket/qaq-p/1047505 and https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Emails-not-creating-requests-issues-in-Service-Desk/qaq-p/1048767 . I have verified / conducted the following steps:

• Go to Jira settings > System > Global mail settings and verify email puller and email processor are set to "On".
  • Navigate to Project settings > Customer permissions, under "Who can access the portal and send requests", it is set to "Anyone can send a request without logging in".
  • Navigate to Project settings > Email requests, the email request type is assigned to a request type that has "Summary" and "Description" visible in the customer request form.
  • Navigate to Jira Settings > Products > Email Requests:
    • The e-mail address shows a status of "No e-mail received ever". But, the email is received in the e-mail account and remains unread.
    • Clicking test on the e-mail also is successful, saying "No problems found with email settings configuration. Successfully connected to the specified email server.".

Please advise on what is the resolution for it.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hello @Evan Teguh,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community and for sharing the tests you already made.

When an email is linked to Service Desk, it's important that this address is used only for Jira and that only the admin has access to it. Also, it's important that this email is not accessed frequently via mobile because if the email is read before Jira does, the ticket won't be created. Jira only creates tickets from unread emails from the inbox.

Since it's not showing any error on the email logs it means that the emails are not even processed by Jira. 

Can you test sending an email to the default mail handler (the one that is created by the project)? Is it created correctly?

Can you disconnect and connect the custom mail handler in order to test?

Is there any other email that you can use to add to the project? 

Regards,
Angélica

Hi Angelica,

Apologies for the delay in response. But now it's working. Thanks for the assistance!

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

170 views 0 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you