Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not creating requests/issues in Service Desk

Ciaran Hartnett April 3, 2019

I'm currently trialling the Cloud version of Service Desk and I'm having issues with emails received into the system not creating tickets. 

Under Jira Settings > Email Requests, the email address shows a status of "No email received ever". But, the email is read and archived on the email account.

I've changed some of the global settings to allow users to send requests through the portal, hoping that would help with email requests, but no joy. Is there a setting I'm missing? Or are the emails being created/stored elsewhere within Jira?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2019

Hi Ciaran,

There are two settings that may be causing this issue:
1 - The customer does not have permission to create the ticket. You can check this in the logs on Jira settings > Products > Email requests > View log > Processing log.
Please, let us know if it shows an error. If possible, send us a screenshot.

2 - Please, go to Jira settings > System > Global mail settings and check if the Email processor is On. If it's not, enable and test sending an email to confirm if a ticket will be created.

Regards,
Angélica

Ciaran Hartnett April 9, 2019

Hi Angélica,

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, neither of your suggestions have resolved the issue. The Processing Log for the account is empty and the "Email Processor" is turned on.

Many thanks,

Ciaran

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2019

If the logs are not showing any information, then Jira is not processing the email, it means that someone or some other application is reading the emails before Jira.
Please, reset the password to make sure that anyone that is logged to the email will be logged out and only you have access to this inbox, then test it again.

Ciaran Hartnett April 16, 2019

Thanks for your help Angelica. I missed out a key step in not setting up a Mail Handler for the IMAP server.

Managed to get it working.

Like # people like this
Mark Toledo October 6, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz  I have the same issue.

We have an alias email which should be routed to support.pascalpress@randem.atlassian.net however when a specific user send an email it is not being created?

If I send an email it is being created, not sure why the others cannot.

Also this is the log:

Capture.JPG

Mark Toledo October 6, 2021

In Addition nothing in Processing log

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
October 8, 2021

Hello @Mark Toledo,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

It would be important to ask the user to view the mail header and compare it with one of the emails that you sent and that created a ticket.

If it doesn’t show anything on the processing log, it means that Jira didn’t process the email.

The processing log tab shows all the emails that were read by Jira, so if emails from the specific user are not there, it wasn’t received or it was read before Jira could read.

Also, please, confirm if the user has the correct permission to create tickets in the project.

​​Kind regards,
Angélica

Mark Toledo October 11, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz 

Sorry but where again can I view to check if the user has a permission to create ticket?

Technically, the user is in customer portal and customer permission is set to Anyone in the web.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
October 12, 2021

Hi Mark,

The customer permissions seem correct, your portal is open for customers to create their own accounts.

It’s important to check the other details I mentioned.

If nothing is shown on the processing log tab, it means that Jira didn’t read the email.

There is a better view of the logs directly from the project. Go to Project settings > Email requests (company-managed) or Project settings > Channels > Email (team-managed) and click on “View logs”.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events