Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending E-Mails to an agent group when the status has changed

Morten Dieckmann-Keden April 23, 2023

Hello,

We are currently looking at the possibility of using Jira Service Management in the Data Center version.
On the topic of email processing, we are looking at the requirement, sending an email to users/groups/ticket system.

As part of ticket processing, it must be possible to send an email to a user, an agent group or a third-party ticket system. It is important that this is possible both manually and automated by an event such as a status change by the ticket system.

We would like to regulate this via automation.

How would this automation rule look like?
How do you change the layout of the email before the email is sent out?

How is this to be realized in general?

Thank you very much in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

Hi @Morten Dieckmann-Keden 

Jira (and JSM) works with notifications schemes and events. This means that whenever there is a change in the status, jira fires a specific event. You can manage all the important people/groups/roles which must receive such a notifications from the notification scheme. Read more about them here https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-notification-schemes/

Customers have also their notifications, which you can enable/disable according to your likings. You can read about them here https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-notifications-for-your-customers-and-team/

Jira has also the capability of creating actions which can send out notifications to specific groups/roles/people.

Morten Dieckmann-Keden April 24, 2023

Hello @Alex Koxaras _Relational_

so JSM does send notifications automatically when a status is changed but who will be informed?

And how can I change the layout of an e-mail notification before the email is send to the customer?

I found a site on the system page of jira where you can go to e-mail templates. Is it correct that I can change the layout of the e-mail there or not?

Thanks in advance

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

@Morten Dieckmann-Keden for JSM cloud you can't change the jira notifications templates used for jira users. You can only change the email template which are being sent out to customers.

To see to whom these notifications are being sent, kindly read the two links I've sent on my previous comment. 

Morten Dieckmann-Keden April 24, 2023

Hello @Alex Koxaras _Relational_

thank you very much.

Have a great day!

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

@Morten Dieckmann-Keden kindly mark my answer as accepted in order to help others in the community with the same question. Much appreciated!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events